Graduate Certificate Application
For graduate certificate programs.
Graduate Certificate Prerequisites
- At least a bachelor’s degree or educational equivalent from an accredited school
- Grade point average (GPA) of 2.50 on undergraduate work
- Applicants who are not native English language speakers must demonstrate English proficiency as described below
Download and fill out an application form.
Request to have your official undergraduate college transcripts sent directly to Shiloh University. Submission of transcripts for any completed graduate work is also encouraged. We recommend that you contact your school at least one month before the admission deadline.
Write a personal essay (300-500 words) that includes all of the following:
Make a copy of your government issued identification card (front and back). This is for proctored exam identity verification purposes.
Email the following to email@example.com:
You will be notified regarding acceptance within two weeks after the admissions deadline. Students who are admitted will receive access to the online classroom along with instructions on registering for classes.
Transfer Credit Information
Up to 6 units from another institution will be considered for transfer into all graduate certificates with the exception of the Biblical Language certificate. No transfer credit will be accepted against Biblical Language certificate requirements.
Courses taken as part of a certificate program are credit-bearing courses and therefore may be transferable, as determined by the receiving institution. Up to 18 units may be transferred from Shiloh University certificate programs to a University degree program. Courses applied are subject to University transfer credit policies.
English Language Requirement
Prospective Graduate students who are not native English language speakers are required to demonstrate proficiency through one of the following methods:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum required scores:
- 71 on internet based (iTOEFL)
- 530 on paper based (pTOEFL)
- 543 on TOEFL ITP – option for certificate and non-degree students only
- At least a 6.5 on International English Language Test Score (IELTS).
- At least a 50 on Pearson Test of English Academic Score Report.
- A high school diploma completed at an accredited/recognized high school where the medium of instruction is English.
- At least a Level 3 on the ACT COMPASS’s English as a Second Language Placement Test.
- At least a Pre-1 on the Eiken English Proficiency Exam
- A minimum B-2 English proficiency level from the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) as assessed through various ESOL examinations.
- Submission of a transcript indicating completion of at least 30 semester hours of credit at an English speaking accredited college or university. Graduate student must have maintained a ‘B’ grade point average or higher. All non-U.S. transcripts may need to be reviewed by the World Education Services before they can be accepted for transfer credit.