Graduate Non-Degree Status Application

Earn credit for graduate courses as a non-degree student.

Graduate Non-degree Status Prerequisites

  • At least a bachelor’s degree or educational equivalent from an accredited school
  • Grade point average (GPA) of 2.50 on undergraduate work
  • Applicants who are not native English language speakers must demonstrate English proficiency as described below


Application Steps


Download and fill out an application form.


Request to have your official college transcripts sent directly to Shiloh University. Submission of transcripts for any completed graduate work is also encouraged. We recommend that you contact your school at least one month before the admission deadline.

Admissions, Shiloh University
100 Shiloh Drive
Kalona, IA 52247

For students whose previous education did not take place in the United States, have your transcripts evaluated by the World Education Services. Please contact Shiloh University admissions department if you need more information.


Write a personal essay (300-500 words) that includes all of the following:

  • Your name, mailing address, and email address
  • A description of your Christian experience
  • Your reasons for wanting to study at Shiloh University
  • Why you are applying for Non-degree status rather than a degree program and what your educational goals are

Make a copy of your government issued identification card (front and back). This is for proctored exam identity verification purposes.


Email the following to

  • Signed application form
  • Your personal essay
  • A copy of your government issued identification card (front and back)

Or mail your signed application and materials to:
Admissions, Shiloh University
100 Shiloh Drive
Kalona, IA 52247


You will be notified regarding acceptance within two weeks after the admissions deadline. Students who are admitted will receive access to the online classroom along with instructions on registering for classes.


Transfer Credits

Credits earned may later be applied to a program at Shiloh University or other colleges or Universities. The acceptance or transfer of Shiloh University academic credit at other institutions cannot be guaranteed. Transfer of credit earned is determined by the receiving institution.

English Language Requirement

Prospective Graduate students who are not native English language speakers are required to demonstrate proficiency through one of the following methods:

  • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum required scores:
    • 71 on internet based (iTOEFL)
    • 530 on paper based (pTOEFL)
  • At least a 6.5 on International English Language Test Score (IELTS).
  • At least a 50 on Pearson Test of English Academic Score Report.
  • A high school diploma completed at an accredited/recognized high school where the medium of instruction is English.
  • At least a Level 3 on the ACT COMPASS’s English as a Second Language Placement Test.
  • At least a Pre-1 on the Eiken English Proficiency Exam
  • A minimum B-2 English proficiency level from the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) as assessed through various ESOL examinations.
  • Submission of a transcript indicating completion of at least 30 semester hours of credit at an English speaking accredited college or university. Graduate student must have maintained a ‘B’ grade point average or higher. All non-U.S. transcripts may need to be reviewed by the World Education Services before they can be accepted for transfer credit.