Undergraduate Certificate Application
For undergraduate certificate programs.
Undergraduate Certificate Prerequisites
- A two-year associate’s degree or at least 60 units at the undergraduate level
- Grade point average (GPA) of 2.50 on all submitted undergraduate work, if applicable
- Applicants who are not native English language speakers must demonstrate English proficiency as described below
Church and parachurch leaders without the required undergraduate education should see the Prerequisite Exceptions below.
Download and fill out an application form.
Request to have your official school transcripts sent directly to Shiloh University. We recommend that you contact your school at least one month before the admission deadline.
Write a personal essay (300-500 words) that includes all of the following:
Make a copy of your government issued identification card (front and back). This is for proctored exam identity verification purposes.
Email the following to email@example.com:
You will be notified regarding acceptance within two weeks after the admissions deadline. Students who are admitted will receive access to the online classroom along with instructions on registering for classes.
Transfer Credit Information
Biblical Languages – transfer credit cannot be applied to certificate requirements.
Business Administration, Christian Studies, Ministry Practice, and New Testament Backgrounds – up to 6 units from another institution will be considered for transfer.
Courses taken as part of a certificate program are credit-bearing courses and therefore may be transferable, as determined by the receiving institution. Up to 18 units can be transferred from Shiloh University certificate programs to a University degree program. Courses applied are subject to University transfer credit policies.
English Language Requirement
Prospective Undergraduate students who are not native English language speakers are required to demonstrate proficiency through one of the following methods:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum required scores:
- 61 on internet based (iTOEFL)
- 500 on paper based (pTOEFL)
- At least a 6.0 on International English Language Test Score (IELTS).
- At least a 44 on Pearson Test of English Academic Score Report.
- A high school diploma completed at an accredited/recognized high school where the medium of instruction is English.
- At least a Level 3 on the ACT COMPASS’s English as a Second Language Placement Test.
- At least a Pre-1 on the Eiken English Proficiency Exam
- A minimum B-2 English proficiency level from the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) as assessed through various ESOL examinations.
- Submission of a transcript indicating completion of at least 30 semester hours of credit at an English speaking accredited college or university. Undergraduate student must have maintained a ‘C’ grade point average or higher. All non-U.S. transcripts may need to be reviewed by the World Education Services before they can be accepted for transfer credit.
The following exception may be awarded at the discretion of the University.
Church and parachurch leaders without the required undergraduate education may be admitted if they have at least ten years of work experience and 5 years full-time (10 years part-time) ministry experience as evidenced by a detailed ministry resume.