Grade Point Average
- Grade point average (GPA) is the indicator of a student’s academic performance.
- The GPA is calculated for all courses taken by the student during enrollment for a specific program. It reflects the student’s performance for all trimesters up to the latest term of study.
- Grades A through F are counted in the student’s cumulative GPA.
- GPAs are calculated up to two decimal digits, with any third decimal digit truncated.
- The GPA is shown on students’ transcripts.
- To graduate with a graduate level degree, a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is required.
- To graduate with an undergraduate level degree a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher is required.
- Letter grades are assigned for courses taken at a degree level.
- Grades are assigned by the instructor based upon examinations and other course work identified in the syllabus.
- The instructor reserves the right to change or modify the syllabus during the trimester. Any such changes will be announced.
- Grades are sent to the Registrar’s Office for entry into the student’s academic record.
- No grade is official until it is published in the student’s academic record.
- Students attaining a D or better earn credit units for the course.
- Students may repeat a course (one time only) to improve a C or below.
|A||4.00||93 – 100||Excellent|
|A-||3.67||90 – 92.99|
|B+||3.33||87 – 89.99|
|B||3.00||83 – 86.99||Above Average|
|B-||2.67||80 – 82.99|
|C+||2.33||77 – 79.99|
|C||2.00||73 – 76.99||Average|
|C-||1.67||70 – 72.99|
|D+||1.33||67 – 69.99|
|D||1.00||63 – 66.99||Passing|
|D-||0.67||60 – 62.99|
|F||0.00||0 – 59.99||Failure – No credit for course work|
|X||Dropped course by drop date (does not impact grade point average and will not appear in final transcript)|
|W||Withdrawal permitted after drop date until the midterm deadline (does not impact grade point average but does impact attempted credit and will appear on transcript)|
|WF||0.00||Withdrawal after the midterm deadline will be counted as an F in the computation of the grade point average|
|I||Incomplete (does not impact grade point average until completion or conversion to grade)|
|IP||In Progress – For graduate and doctoral projects spanning more than one trimester|
|P||Pass – Satisfactory (does not impact GPA)|
|NP||Nonpass – Less than satisfactory (does not impact GPA)|