You may notify University Administration in any manner (written notification via Drop/Withdrawal Form is preferred).
You are entitled to a full refund if you withdraw before the trimester start date. Any tuition refund owed will be refunded within 30 days of request. Cost of materials ordered and delivered (or accessed electronically) will be subtracted from the refund calculations. Federal Student Aid recipients must also refer to the Return of Federal Student Aid Funds Policy.
For refundable amounts after the trimester start refer to the rules below:
- Week 1 of Trimester – 80%
- Week 2 of Trimester – 70%
- Week 3 of Trimester – 60%
- Week 4 of Trimester – 50%
- Week 5 of Trimester – 40%
- Week 6 of Trimester – 30%
- Week 7 of Trimester – 20%
- Week 8 of Trimester – 10%
- Week 9 – 15 of Trimester – 0%
Note: A week, as used in the refund calculations, is defined as: Monday at 12:00 A.M. through Sunday at 11:59 P.M.
Example calculation: If an undergraduate student withdraws from a 3-unit course during week 3 of the trimester, they would be entitled to a 60% refund. Based on the total cost of a 3-unit course ($450), a refund in the amount of $270 would be issued.