Graduate Biblical Language Certificate
Learn to read the biblical texts in their original forms in this 4-course series.
In this four-course series, students will learn to read the biblical texts in their original form. They will reach beyond modern translations and gain a basic understanding of biblical Hebrew and Koine Greek vocabulary, syntax, and grammar, and become empowered to read and translate basic biblical texts.
Graduate Certificate Courses
Required Courses – 16 units
|BL 501||Biblical Hebrew 1||4 units|
|BL 502||Biblical Hebrew 2|
(prerequisite: BL 501)
|BL 503||Biblical Greek 1||4 units|
|BL 504||Biblical Greek 2|
(prerequisite: BL 503)
To graduate with the Graduate Biblical Language Certificate the student will:
- Complete the minimum number of units required.
- Successfully complete all courses in the certificate program.
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Fulfill any outstanding school financial obligations.
Credits earned as part of this certificate program are credit-bearing and may be transferrable to other institutions. The acceptance or transfer of Shiloh University academic credit at other institutions cannot be guaranteed. Transfer of credit earned is determined by the receiving institution.
If a certificate student chooses to later apply to a Shiloh University degree program, no more than 18 units may be transferred from University certificate programs to a degree program.
Degree Program Students
- Master of Divinity students may apply to earn 1 certificate while enrolled in a program, not more.
- Master of Arts in Theological Studies may not earn a certificate.