Personal Enrichment classes are offered on a credit/no credit basis only. No final grades are given beyond credit/no credit. Credit is awarded only if a student earns a cumulative total of 60% or more of the available points in the course. No specific test or assignment is required for credit to be earned. Credit earned is not transferable academic credit; it cannot be applied to a degree program.
Grade Point Average
- Grade point average (GPA) is the indicator of a student’s academic performance.
- The GPA is calculated for all courses taken by the student during enrollment for a specific program. It reflects the student’s performance for all trimesters up to the latest term of study.
- Grades A through F are counted in the student’s cumulative GPA.
- GPAs are calculated up to two decimal digits, with any third decimal digit truncated.
- The GPA is shown on students’ transcripts.
- To graduate with a graduate level degree, a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is required.
- To graduate with an undergraduate level degree a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher is required.
- Letter grades are assigned for courses taken at a degree level.
- Grades are assigned by the instructor based upon examinations and other course work identified in the syllabus.
- The instructor reserves the right to change or modify the syllabus during the trimester. Any such changes will be announced.
- Grades are sent to the Registrar’s Office for entry into the student’s academic record.
- No grade is official until it is published in the student’s academic record.
- Undergraduate and Graduate students attaining a D- (0.67 GPA) or better earn credit for the course.
- Doctoral students attaining a C- (1.67 GPA) or better earn credit for the seminar.
- Students may repeat a course (one time only) to improve a C or below.
|A||4.00||93 – 100||Excellent|
|A-||3.67||90 – 92.99|
|B+||3.33||87 – 89.99|
|B||3.00||83 – 86.99||Above Average|
|B-||2.67||80 – 82.99|
|C+||2.33||77 – 79.99|
|C||2.00||73 – 76.99||Average|
|C-||1.67||70 – 72.99||Passing for Doctoral|
|D+||1.33||67 – 69.99|
|D||1.00||63 – 66.99||Passing for Undergraduate and Graduate|
|D-||0.67||60 – 62.99|
|F||0.00||0 – 59.99||Failure – No credit for course work|
|X||Dropped course by drop date (does not impact grade point average and will not appear in final transcript)|
|W||Withdrawal permitted after drop date until the midterm deadline (does not impact grade point average but does impact attempted credit and will appear on transcript)|
|WF||0.00||Withdrawal after the midterm deadline will be counted as an F in the computation of the grade point average|
|WP||Withdrawal after the midterm deadline while the student was passing the course at the time of withdrawal (does not impact grade point average but does impact attempted credit and will appear on transcript). Requires successful petition by student. Only administered for extraordinary circumstances and a limited number of times per program (see Withdrawal After Midterm Policy)|
|I||Incomplete (does not impact grade point average until completion or conversion to grade)|
|IP||In Progress – For graduate and doctoral projects spanning more than one trimester|
|P||Pass – Satisfactory (does not impact GPA)|
|NP||Nonpass – Less than satisfactory (does not impact GPA)|